Mourne Motorhome Park now open

Subject:

Mourne Motorhome Park now open

· 
Posted: 09.06.2015  ·  #1
I have just had a call from Anne at Mourne Motorhome Park.
She was informed this morning to open the gates full time.

After all the trouble these people have had over the past 5 years they deserve some custom.

Anyone looking for somewhere near Newcastle Co. Down can stay for £10 per night or £13 with electric. The views from the park on a clear day are amazing. They have direct access out onto the mountains behind or via the road to Bloody Bridge.

There is space for up to 15 vans. Toilets but no showers in the temporary building but I am sure it will be developed further if we prove there is a need for this park.

Visit the website or call Anne direct on her mobile. The website is due an update as it has been five years since they needed it to work.

http://www.mournemotorhomepark.co.uk

Anne 07763 069 590

flans van
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Mourne Motorhome Park now open

· 
Posted: 09.06.2015  ·  #2
We have to agree with you Mark this couple have put so much work into this site . We watched for 2 years them digging and planting this site . We would park opposite and they let us fill up with water and empty the toilet . We will be staying there next time in the area . They deserve every penny they will eventually make

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.06.2015  ·  #3
No undue noise or disturbance at any time. We operate a policy of NO NOISE AFTER 11PM, out of courtesy to everyone staying on our site
Litter and waste water must be placed in the receptacles provided
Damage to trees, bushes, grounds and buildings etc. will not be tolerated
Barbecues are permitted, but not to be placed directly on the earth - NO OPEN FIRES
No Gazebos permitted
Only one vehicle at any time on a pitch
No commercial vehicles, whether private or business, will be allowed on any pitch
The washing of vehicles is prohibited on site
No motorcycles are accepted on the park

That's me out then :(

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.06.2015  ·  #4
Those are similar rules to a number of caravan sites, which while excluding some for genuine reason it also excludes some more responsible among us.

An example is when I had my caravan it was a twin axle Hobby and I pulled it with a Navara pickup, that would have excluded me a responsible home owning tax paying individual. But it keeps out a certain element of society. Likewise I had considered getting a static beside my brother's one and the site did not allow (read freak out about it) motorcycles on site, as I would have travelled up at weekends using that form of transport, as the car would have been there with swmbo, it rulled me out.

Like all sites read the rules and if in doubt give them a call and see if they would make an exception, if not go elsewhere.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.06.2015  ·  #5
Quote by the fat controller

Like all sites read the rules and if in doubt give them a call and see if they would make an exception, if not go elsewhere.

Emailed them this morning, awaiting reply. Gazebo is no probs and by looking at their pitches there isn't enough room for one anyhow. But I like to bring the Motorbike.

pat
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.06.2015  ·  #6
just had a lovely weekend at mourne park what a fantastic couple couldn't do enough for us even offered to drop us down the pub and in to town your right mark we need to support these site's i no it seam's they have lot's of rule's and regulations but providing you use your loaf there's no problems . ps irish they have a static caravan were you and mate's could hide out so no need for gazebo's lol cant see any reason why you couldn't play hell's angel's on your pop pop irish

wicklowelk
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Swift Escape
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.06.2015  ·  #7
We stayed with Anne and Terry on the Wednesday and Thursday of the Irish Open and were more than happy with our stay. Anne and Terry were very helpful and we wish them well on their venture. We will be back and hopefully go walking up the Mourne mountain behind

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.